If you’re looking for the inability to write in English, you’ll find it right here on this blog. Everywhere we look, on all sorts of published material, advertising, short form, long form, supposedly proof-read material. There are plenty of errors even if you don’t know where to look. Pity the newcomers and those wanting to learn our language!
As writers, your author is included in this lot, we need to improve. Here we propose 9 ways to improve the way we write in English.
- Even without proper composition, you can enhance your writing abilities to the same level as the native speakers. We do not imply you ought to be analyzing syntax, grammar and sentence clauses here. Just by reading for your own enjoyment you’re going to pick things up.
- Read out loud. Reading your own writing can help you figure out if it flows easily. If you end up stumbling over components, you have likely found an overly intricate sentence that requires rewriting.
- Make writing a daily custom. The only real way to enhance your writing over time is to continue doing it. Even only 5 or 10 minutes, if performed daily, this will help you improve your written English. You can keep a journal in English, or even write a blog on your own experiences studying English and living in a new country. Try writing your social networking updates and articles in English.
- Speak proper, don’t over-explain. If you have taken the opportunity to organize your ideas beforehand, you should be able to keep things short. The concept is to provide readers with only enough material to comprehend what you’re communicating without overpowering them with trivial information.
- Use a pencil and (gasp!) paper. This means you ought to consider how to properly spell words instead of relying on technology to perform it to you. There is also something about composing the form of every letter which enables you to remember new words and proper grammar, and of course learning that most valuable skill, handwriting in English.
- Blog? Practice makes perfect is the idea here. Whether you are playing a game or composing in English, practicing can help you improve. Exercise by itself isn’t always quite exciting or intriguing. That is why writing on a website is such a superb system of practice. It compels you to write in a way that is informative to yourself and anybody else who may stumble on your site. Practise with language words and punctuation rules properly. Learn brand new words and punctuation rules by writing about a number of subjects. Get comments and criticisms, these will enable you to improve your writing.
- Become conversational. Adding questions on your own writing adds interest and prevents dull phrases which make your composing tasteless and yuck. Produce an interesting stream by outlining or reverse-outlining your own content.
- Set aside regular times: block your calendar for composing and attempt writing at the exact same time daily. Hold yourself accountable. Employ a structured approach to your compositions.
- Make your articles more nourishing. Write for somebody in mind. This is why it’s often recommended one write to an imaginary friend. Baking a chocolate black forest cake won’t impress guests on a diet program. With writing it is the same. Write for somebody, make it easy for them to comment on your work.
We are not born with this skill. Just like a chef isn’t born with a signature dish inside his or her mind. Rather we know how to compose and cook by analyzing the pros and ‘stealing’ proven recipes. Look at good writing, absorb it, understand it. Repeat it yourself. What do you think?
Source: Speak Proper Blog